Hiring for Education Focused Roles at School of Physics
The School of Physics is currently hiring for two education-focused roles.
The school of Physics at UNSW is looking for an experienced physics teacher to second for 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to connect with physics researchers, experience teaching at a university level and positively contribute to the development of high school resources for teachers. The successful applicant would take a year of leave without pay from their school, UNSW will cover their salary over this period. Please share with anyone you think may be interested
- Undergraduate degree in Physics or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in teaching physics with relevant involvement in teaching physics in years 11 and 12
- Ability to use ICT effectively to create and modify online material
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the capacity to work collaboratively and foster harmonious workplace relations
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedure.
Senior Lecturer - Physics Education
The role involves teaching in both face-to-face and online formats, including course coordination. The successful applicant will teach students at a variety of year levels and conduct research into the area of physics education. They will develop a suite of resources to support student learning.
- A demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality teaching, especially at an undergraduate level.
- A PhD or equivalent qualification in relevant physical science or physics education.
- A genuine interest in education as evidenced by the attainment of a graduate certificate or higher-level degree in education, or other means